Photography by Sebastião Salgado/Amazonas - Contact Press Images, Published: July 25, 2014
The Indian group has official protection, but its large reserve in Brazil is coveted by mining companies and large farming enterprises with political clout.
1) The Yanomami say the mountains of the Pico da Neblina range are home to their most important spirits. The mountains were occupied for many years by hundreds of gold seekers until 1992 when they were expelled. This gold-laden region remains under surveillance by the Yanomami to prevent a new invasion.
2) Yanomami warriors look out to the mountain vegetation on the flanks of Pico da Neblina (Mist Peak), rising almost 10,000 feet above sea level.
3) Men return to the communal dwelling after having adorned and painted their bodies for the ceremony.
4) In the forest, women paint their faces and bodies for the funerary ceremony.
5) The giant armadillo (Tatu bola) — an endangered animal and object of legends — offers much-appreciated meat. This one weighs about 65 pounds. The Tatu bola was the mascot of the World Cup hosted by Brazil.
6) A view of the river used by gold seekers on the flanks of Pico da Neblina (Mist Peak).
1. Content Marketing Will be Bigger Than Ever
2. Social Media Marketing Will Require More Diversity
3. Image-Centric Content Will Rule
4. Less Will be More: One notable trend is the apparent shift in consumer preference regarding simplistic marketing messages instead of in-depth messages. When you think about some of the top brands in the world like Apple and Google, they clearly value simplicity. A large part of Pinterest’s appeal is its clean, uncluttered, and minimalist aesthetic. With many consumers feeling burned out by a constant barrage of information and advertisements that scream “look at me”, some of the most innovative marketers are going the opposite direction. The’re now making efforts to tone-down their campaign messages and not overwhelm consumers with hype.
5. Mobile-Friendly Content Will Be Necessary
6. Ad Retargeting Will Grow in Effectiveness
7. SEO and Social Signals Will Become Even More Intertwined